Teledyne Advanced Electronic Solutions provides innovative technologies and successful program solutions to the aerospace, defense, space and high-tech industries.
With an established pedigree of over 50 years, we leverage our experience and broad spectrum of capabilities to provide our customers with a new level of full-service design, manufacturing and test solutions.
Our world class manufacturing facilities, along with experienced team of technical experts will assure your program will be successfully finished on time and on budget.
From circuit card assemblies to complex microelectronics, to box level assemblies, we are uniquely positioned to build the most complex and challenging manufacturing needs.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
This position supports quality inspection and objectives of the organization in a management capacity by developing, implementing and maintaining quality assurance systems and activities.
Develops, implements, and coordinates product assurance program to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Tasks and assignments tend to be highly complex, non-routine and / or require a greater level of expertise. Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and process to meet goals outlined.
Duties are performed under very limited supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but not limited to :
- Achieves quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews;
- preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems;
completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
Meets quality assurance financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures;
analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
Develops quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses; identifying critical control points and preventive measures;
establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures; monitoring inventories.
Validates quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence;
determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating customer complaints;
collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
- Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Updates job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities;
reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Daily availability to include evenings and weekends when necessary to reach goals and deadlines.
This job has supervisory responsibilities and / or to management responsibility to the process. Manages subordinate supervisor, staff employee(s), and / or process and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of same.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees;
planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management Communicates changes and progress.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification;
responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs;
Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork Gives and welcomes feedback; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Builds team relations.
- Leadership / Managing People - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others;
Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others. Comes to the forefront in case of crisis, and is able to think and act in creative ways in difficult situations.
- Holds team accountable. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities;
- Makes him / herself available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth;
Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services. Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; supports organization’s goals and values.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions;
Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning / Organizing Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism Reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position;
accepts responsibility for own actions.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance;
monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity Completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security Observes safety and security procedures including using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required and wearing company issued badge when on company property;
Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and material properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative Seeks increased responsibilities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation Generates suggestions for improving work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and / or Experience :
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in a related field and 10-15 years of directly related experience and / or training;
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills : Ability to read, analyze and interpret various business documents, technical procedures and government regulations.
Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and response to questions before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills : Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability : Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Computer Skills : To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a general knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERP / MRP Software.
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email teledynerecruitment teledyne.com or call (855)479-1480.
Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.