Civil Project Manager
Build your career from the ground up.
Come join our Award Winning Team.
Sunland Asphalt & Construction, LLC. strives to recruit top talent and we are committed to help you grow both professionally and personally.
We are confident you will find our Company a dynamic and rewarding place in which to work because here at Sunland Asphalt our vision is : ' To be the best place in the world to work. '
Voted as one of Phoenix Business Journal's ' Best Places to Work ,' Sunland offers employees :
- Competitive Weekly Pay and Paid Time Off
- 401(K) with Employer Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Work / Life Balance and Community Involvement
- Comprehensive Health Benefits including; Health, Dental, Vision
- Life / Disability Insurances
- Award Winning Peers & Projects
- And A Foundation Built on Safety
The Project Manager plans, directs and coordinates all activities of the designated projects from inception to completion.
This position is responsible for delivering a quality product, controlling project costs and meeting scheduling deadlines in order to achieve the highest customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Employee shall perform all duties and responsibilities with Sunland's Core Values at the forefront.
- Review project estimate, proposal, specifications and plans to develop, implement and manage the project schedule, budget, staffing requirements and equipment needs.
- Coordinate project schedule, requirements, expectations and goals with production team, contractors, sub-contractors, utility providers and required governmental agencies prior to commencement of work.
- Must be an advocate of safety and follow safety policies and procedures.
- Obtain any necessary permits and or licenses required by the job.
- Participate and / or lead preconstruction meetings including meetings with Project Stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Superintendent, Foreman and Project Consultant to determine production schedule.
- Establish work plan in conjunction with Superintendent and Foreman for each phase of the project.
- Track progress and review project tasks and modify schedules, plans or processes as needed to meet project goals.
- Enforce safety regulations and proper job site management.
- Oversee the financial components of the project; work with Project Consultant, Superintendent and Foreman to capture, record, assess and ensure the project stays within budget and is profitable.
- Partner with Estimating Team to complete a project hand-off process to ensure a smooth transition from estimating to production in which the necessary information is passed along for a successful project.
- Participate in bid reviews.
- Prepare project reports for management and customers regarding job costs and project schedule.
- Provide technical advice to project team in order to resolve problems.
- Oversee project quality control throughout the construction process in order to make sure the project is completed in accordance with project specifications & plans in addition to meeting or exceeding the customer's expectations.
- Motivate, mentor and develop direct reports.
- Any and all other duties assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This position is considered a safety-sensitive position and is subject to the company's drug and alcohol policy, as well as all OHSA regulations.
- All employees must wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Serves as a safety ambassador by complying with federal, state and local laws, as well as Company safety policy, enforces safe work practices, and proactively identifies and remedies worksite hazards.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position operates at professional construction sites and in professional office environments, requiring the uses of standard office equipment, the ability to communicate verbally with others on site, in person and over the telephone, ability to read printed materials, signs, computer screens and directions, stamina to maintain attention to details despite interruptions, ability to lift, push, pull, carry, handle or feel objects, supplies, tools, machinery and / or controls weighing up to 50 pounds and reach with hands and arms;
climb stairs and / or ladders; balance, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, lift overhead, traverse around or otherwise position one's self around the required work and safety requirements to navigating and perform activities on various construction sites in a safe manner.
- Will be required to work on project sites and operate vehicles, trailers, machinery, equipment and other tools within local, state and federal safety guidelines.
- Will be required to work outside, frequently for long periods of time in all weather, including extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- While working, the employee might be exposed to various chemicals, vapors, pollutants, virus or other air-borne pathogens, gases, uneven surfaces, loud noises, moving vehicles or machines and dust / debris.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Must be willing to travel to any and all jobsites without exception (including staying away from home if necessary.)
Education and Work Experience
- A four (4) year college degree in a related field is desired.
- Minimum of four (4) years related experience is required.
- Previous heavy construction or asphalt industry experience is required.
- Must have excellent computer skills and be able to use project management software.
- Must have strong mathematical skills and be able to perform complex computations for layout design and material requirements.
- Broad understanding of project management, budgeting, scheduling, resource allocation and contract administration is required.
- Must be a critical thinker who proactively anticipates problems and is solution oriented in approach.
- Must be fluent in English, i.e., must be able to speak, read and write English.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean motor-vehicle record.
- Passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and background check is required.